International Baccalaureate (IB) Board lays emphasis on academic studies along with students’ personal development. The curriculum develops inquiring and knowledgeable young people who are motivated to succeed. The IB Attributes and Profiles play a huge role in helping children become better individuals with caring, compassion and team work as major attributes.
IB believes that a student should not be confined only to the books but should be encouraged to explore to learn. It also helps children to build a better world through experiential learning and intercultural understanding.
Here are 6 reasons to prove why IB is the best:
- Promoting Global Exposure: IB is a curriculum known all around the world, it helps your child gain learning about global culture, traditions and ongoing trends. It helps in future studies for those who want to enroll in foreign universities after schooling is completed. The foreign language subjects help them understand the other languages of the world and have a better career growth in future.
- Making Children Creative and Curious: Your child becomes creative and curious with time as the teaching methodology helps them explore beyond the books and go for live experiences. Oakridge International School, one of the Top IB Schools in Hyderabad, believes in “Learning Beyond Boundaries” for its students. They organize various events and field trips to enhance child’s knowledge on the topic.
- Learning Beyond Books: IB curriculum believes in teaching the students beyond the bookish knowledge and hence help them to think critically and challenge assumptions. Seeing in live and learning about a topic helps a child gain more knowledge than just reading about it in books.
- Encouraging Extra-Curricular Activities: Extra-Curricular activities form a big part in IB learning and that is why all IB schools have great infrastructure with playgrounds, cricket and swimming pools etc. Dance, Drama and Arts, also form an integral part of a child’s development in IB schools.
- Inspiring the World: Good IB schools in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai and other metro cities promote Creativity, Action and Service(CAS) to involve students in a range of activities alongside their academic studies. The activities involve arts to encourage creative thinking, activities to complement academic work and voluntary service to promote good deeds and rendering services to the less-privileged.
- Developing Confidence: Once you enroll your children in any school, all you wish is to see them become confident. Scoring well, reaching heights in career, good performance in all fields and lot more are the achievements you seek in your child. IB curriculum helps boost their confidence and become self-dependent.