With increased number of International schools in Bangalore, parents are becoming more and more concerned, thereby demanding in terms of choosing schools, which focus on a more competitive and globally accepting curriculum. This is where International Baccalaureate or IBDP comes into foray. However, very few schools in Bangalore have made it into the slot of top IB schools in Bangalore.
However, before choosing IBDP, it’s imperative to understand the need of IBDP for your child. The following pointers will help you understand how IB education is right for your child.
- IBDP is an academically challenging and comprehensive pre-university program, which teaches the students to relate their classroom experience with the real world outside. In short, it offers a balanced curriculum and suitable assessments to allow every child to focus on international understanding and responsible citizenship. This is what is the traditional philosophy of IB as well.
- It focuses on developing the child as whole, focusing on cultivating positive mind-sets in a child rather than simply stressing a child with academic pressure.
- The program offers Early years, Middle years and Senior IB programs, which focus on the skills sets of the specific age group, thereby preparing a child for further challenges.
- Children in IB curriculum are allowed to think independently and learn through a variety of mediums, thereby making them open to various forms of learning.
- Children through these IB educational programs of learning can further easily transit into high ranked universities across the globe.
- Because of strong emphasis on a second foreign language, the children are more open and accepting to cross-cultural interactions and socializing, hence become more culturally aware.
- Their strong focus on inter-cultural relations allows them to easily mingle and settle in an increasingly globalized world.
- IB students have a strong focus on social and emotional skills, which is something of the need of the hour. Because of the latter two, the students in this program also tend to perform academically well compared to other education systems.
- The system, lays a strong emphasis on critical thinking and allows the students to become open to challenging situations and come up with unique solutions.
Established in the year 1968, in Geneva, Switzerland, the body behind IBDP focused on students’ personal development along with academic achievement. For the sake of this, the system, from time and again, has sought after research, both national and international, to incorporate quality practice in teaching and creating internationally minded students in the changing global world.
More and more top IB Schools in Bangalore are therefore, resorting to trained educators of IB, to impart that quality into their schools, to support the philosophy of IB education worldwide.